Hello there! Happy Saturday to you. Now Saturday’s blog is a new technique, so I thought we could take a look at some good old vintage gold leaf edging.
You will need:
Crafty Notions Glue
Talc + Brush
- Screw up a piece of copy paper.
- Squirt some Craft Notions Glue onto the craft mat and
- dab your crumpled copy paper into it.
- Dab the gluey, screwed up copy paper around the edge of the card,
- picking up more glue from the mat as you go.
- Sprinkle some Gold Gilding Flakes on top of the gluey edge, and
- pat it into place.
- Now let the glue dry.
- After about 5 minutes, use a foam finger to rub away any excess gilding flakes.
Same technique, using Pirate Treasure gilding flakes instead...
- Dust the card with a little talc. This helps the gold detail powder glide off the card in a minute.
- Stamp the words and the Floribundance into the centre, using a Versamark ink pad.
- Sprinkle with Gold Detail Embossing powder,
- Tap off excess, check for stray speckles (although the talc should eliminate that issue), and heat emboss.
Best to heat from above. Hang on let me turn it a little, so you can see the gold emboss. Spot on!
Sits nicely in that vintage-look edging.
I mounted the cream card on manila/craftcard.
But what about the inside of the card?
How about a lovely, neutral sentiment?
That is just the ticket.
However you spend it
Whatever you do,
Hoping this Saturday’s special for you.
Dave, Jayne, Chloe and I are setting up the stand at Stevenage,
ready for the Sunday Show.
Then we are meeting our good friends, Debby and Gill for supper.
So all in all, a pleasant day planned!
Stay safe, stay in the dry,
and think of us poor sods in the pouring rain, unloading the van in the afternoon! Refreshing I suppose!
If you are in the Stevenage area, please do come and say hi!
It’s a great little show.